‘Placement print’ Swimwear: what is it & why do we love it?
In fashion, a ‘placement print’ is what you call a fabric that has a large motif or design that is strategically placed on a garment for maximum impact. The position of the artwork design is controlled on each product, rather than relying on a roll of all-over-print fabric.
- Their design is so alluring and eye-catching, often having an unquestionable point of difference.
- They can make fantastic use of colour blocking: composing ‘shapes’ and creating visual movement within a swimsuit.
- Often the artwork is placed off-centre. By “tricking the eye” this gives a flattering line to your figure, forming interesting angles and enhancing your curves.
- Striking design features can be created within the print itself e.g. faux belts/waist bands for added definition, torso wrap detailing, and neckline enhancing embellishments.
- They are composed with the goal of accentuating most women’s favourite features and disguising or detracting from areas we aren’t as keen on.
A placement print most often has the artwork scaled to the size of the garment, so you get the same overall look regardless of what size you purchase. So awesome!
March 4th 2022: Our current selection of ‘Placement Print’ designs
If you don’t see any products here it’s because they have found their new homes in our customers’ swimwear collections.
Find something else to read...
more "Just Briefly..." thoughts & articles from the blog